Friday, May 29, 2009

Interna? naana?

Well, This was the reaction of a lot of my class mates to the shocking news about vangal and I getting interned at a company in Madras against the backdrop of the Global Economic recession.
We knew it was too good to be true. For starters, it was not a job that was in the remotest of senses-ENJOYABLE. Let me give you an idea of my job Description - I read, I copy, I paste , I provide citations. My day at the office typically starts around 9:30 and my colleagues find my working style rather amusing.I practically work between trips to the water cooler.
The way i work? Copy, Read, Paste, Water cooler,Copy, Read, Paste, Water cooler, Copy,Water cooler, Paste , Duplicate, Read Ashwin anna's blog, Water cooler, Read Umesh's blog, lunch,Logical puzzles,Copy, Paste, water cooler and so on......
The job got so monotonous, that for the first time in my life, I heard of job drop outs. True, about 8 guys from the same college as I quit almost unconditionally after the second week. It was during the last day of the second week that something miraculous happened- -my boss- asks me to work on web Development. it sounded like a sine wave at 19,999Hz.(The highest frequency a human can hear - I still remember my physics and Ive got good reason for it too..)
the first module that I was supposed to work on- It was for judging the popularity of the published content. And guess what that was called ------Radioactivity. It used the same principal. Posts which are actively viewed gain heat, Posts which are passive get colder. You might say, that was a my high point for me at my intern. Just the next day, My boss walks in
on me and sees me playing around with one of the modules on the site development platform. He says that it is an important part of the website and asks me to do it top-notch ....... Again 19999Hz, . Im not sure if my ears can take it any more.
Ive got one more week to finish the modules assigned to me , and Im confident that I will have completed it by tomorrow. Who knows what the next week has in store?

1 comment:

Vivek BZ said...

hey dude!! yo disappointed me a bit da.. i expected a lot of FIGURES to figure in ur posts.. Also their photos!!