Friday, February 5, 2010

Retrospective after BAD(I mean "BAD") Bowling

Finally, after many light years, an interesting thought actually worthy of being read on a blog has entered the trenches of my mind(Or at least I choose to think so). The ThoughtWorks University batch went bowling yesterday and I learned one thing from the experience --- I SUCK at bowling.

If there was a title saying Undisputed SUCKER at Bowling, i don't see any competition that I should worry about. Well, initially, there was Akash- but he got better too(And he got a Strike by the way). So, I was the BEST LOSER(I like looking at it this way).I can live with 'Im bad at bowling'. Let me tell you what I cant live with - I cant live with being the benchmark of bad bowling.
You probably have no idea of how bad I can get:-
Let me tell you this -
  • This was my score over 8 throws - 1 5 5 10 11 11 19 23 26 .....
  • I actually had more number of gutter balls than balls of contact.
  • There was a person who joined later than me and scored more points.
  • Im really proud(read 'Embarrassed')of this one - once I threw the ball backwards(How the heck did I do that?)
  • One of the guys working there came up to me to explain the rules.
After 23 other people picked on me to their hearts' content I got to do some serious thinking about how important losers are to the society we live in. Think over it . They are indispensable.

1 guy out of 24 had to perform miserably for 23 other people to feel good about their (Oh! so good)performance. Imagine schools without naughty kids. Image a market without crappy products - Imagine a society without negative elements. These underdogs form the basis of comparison and offers an incentive for others who have not yet entered this echelon to perform better. Basically what Im saying is - "Without poor performance, there is no good performance."
And you know what I like about all this, - I have nothing to worry about . I can't get any worse from here. So its improvement all the way.I can play the game like I have nothing to lose. But think of the day I get good and beat you guys up. Ouch! Thats going to sting.

3 comments:

Umesh said...

:):)

Goley said...

Nice One.. It it makes you feel better, I didn't pick on u even once... Ooh maybe once :-P :D

Arun Kumar said...

This one beats all ur previous posts.. Cool! :)